- Building & Zoning
- Comprehensive Master Plan
Comprehensive Master Plan
Read the 2022 Comprehensive Master Plan
On July 26, 2022, City Council took action and approved the 2022 Comprehensive Master Plan via the adoption of Resolution 2022-70. The final planning document represents the culmination of a multi-year planning process.
What is the Comprehensive Master Plan?
The Comprehensive Master Plan is a guiding policy document for how to improve the physical and social aspects of the community over the next ten years. The plan is organized into four main themes: Development, Prosperity, Neighborhoods, and Assets.
The Comprehensive Master Development Plan Steering Committee worked hard to prepare a planning document that addresses
- the use of vacant land.
- the installment of safe and convenient pathways, including sidewalk expansions and crosswalks that will connect neighborhoods to Loveland-Madeira Road and Historic Downtown.
- additional land use designations and a Future Land Use Map to supplement a variety of housing stock.
- recommendations to enhance the city’s natural resources and park amenities, thereby expanding access to outdoor recreation, expanding the use of open spaces, and connecting pedestrian, bicycle, and road networks.
- enhancing the Commerce Park.
- highlighting the Loveland-Madeira Road Corridor with detailed recommendations for improvements along this vital commercial corridor.
To recap the planning process, the following milestones during the plan development are noteworthy:
- On Dec.13, 2021, the committee held the second of two community engagement events showcasing the proposed plan. Feedback and remarks were provided and can be found here.
- On April 27, 2022, the Comprehensive Master Plan Steering Committee met to review the final draft version of the 2022 Comprehensive Master Plan for the City of Loveland. At that meeting, the committee voted unanimously to approve the final draft version, and recommended that the document be forwarded to the Planning & Zoning Commission for additional review.
FINAL DRAFT PRESENTED TO PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION - Comprehensive Master Development Plan
- Subsequently, the Planning & Zoning Commission met on May 26, 2022, to review the Final Draft Version of the 2022 Comprehensive Master Plan. The Commission engaged in robust discussion about the plan contents, process, and next steps after adoption. It was voted unanimously to recommend adoption of the plan, with changes, to City Council.
FINAL DRAFT APPROVED BY PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION - Comprehensive Master Development Plan
- On June 14, 2022, the final draft of the 2022 Comprehensive Master Plan, as approved by the Planning & Zoning Commission, was presented to City Council along with the Commission's unanimous recommendation for adoption. City Council took the planning document and the Commission's recommendation under advisement, with the goal of reviewing the plan contents and recommendations at the July 26, 2022 City Council Meeting.
- On July 26, 2022, City Council conducted a final review of the plan and discussed the plan and its recommendations. Following that discussion, Council adopted Resolution 2022-70, formally adopting the 2022 Comprehensive Master Plan for the City of Loveland, Ohio.
2022 Comprehensive Master Plan - Final Document as approved on July 26, 2022 by City Council
Documents from previous meetings and public survey results can be found below:
Future Land Use Opportunity Areas (draft)
Loveland-Madeira Road Corridor (draft)
Loveland-Madeira Rd - Chestnut Street Survey
Public Survey Results from 8-29-21 event