Light Up Loveland
Light Up Loveland Holiday Decorating Contest
Light Up Loveland is back for the 2020 holiday season! Light Up Loveland is the City’s annual holiday decorating contest, open to all Loveland residents and businesses. Nominations are now open and will be accepted through December 12. Winners will be announced December 23 via social media and on the City’s website.
This is the fifth year for this popular Loveland tradition. Changes to this year’s competition include voting and nominations via the Light Up Loveland Facebook Group. Join the group so you can nominate, vote and learn where all the best light displays are! Nominations can also be submitted via the City’s website form. As the name implies, Light Up Loveland is about lighting up our hometown, so while all kinds of decorations can look amazing, this contest places emphasis on the creative and extensive use of LIGHTS. All nominated displays must be visible from the street/sidewalk or adjacent parking lot.
Nominations are now open:
Submit nominations, including a photo of the display and the street address to:
The public can vote via “likes” on the Light Up Loveland 2020 Facebook Group. Final judging and awards will be determined by the City of Loveland Beautification Committee. Winners will be announced December 23 on the Light Up Loveland Facebook group and on the City of Loveland website.
Residential Award Categories:
- Homespun Holidays – What is your fondest holiday memory? This award recognizes the best of nostalgic, traditional and classic lighting and holiday décor.
- Sparkly Small Spaces – Sometimes the best décor comes in small packages, so this award is for brilliant residential décor on balconies, patios and porches.
- Build It, Buy It, Blow it Up – For residents who love to fill their yards/homes with animated figures, lighted sculptures and whacky inflatables. Don’t forget, lighting is key in every category!
- Festivus for the Rest of Us – This brand new category celebrates the many and diverse holidays, cultures and traditions celebrated in the Loveland community during December.
Business Award Categories:
- Window Wonderland – Window and interior décor that exemplifies the holiday spirit (and is visible from the street).
- All the Bells & Whistles – Geared toward businesses that use exterior spaces to make Loveland a festive wonderland.