The Loveland Veterans Committee is proud to announce the launch of the city's Hometown Hero Banner Program. This is an opportunity to salute the brave men and women currently serving or who have served our country and to pay tribute to our veterans and deceased veterans by proudly displaying their photos in the city.
Banners will be mounted on utility poles in designated locations along main roadway. Text such as POW, MIA, or KIA will be added to the bottom of the banner. Military medals will be superimposed onto your image.
- The individual to be honored must currently reside or have resided in the City of Loveland corporation limits or within the Loveland City School District.
- The individual may have served in any of the six branches of military service (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, or Space Force), including the Reserve and National Guard. To be honored, the individual must meet one of the following conditions:
- Currently be active duty (Active Duty)
- Be an honorably discharged veteran (Veteran)
- Died in the line of duty (Memorial)
Last Monday in April (Displayed Prior to Memorial Day)
Tuesday after Labor Day in September (Displayed Prior to Veterans Day)
Banners will be purchased and displayed in batches. The Veterans Memorial Committee will decide which banners are selected for each batch. In general, banners will be displayed in the order the committee receives applications. Upon selection, the applicant will be invoiced for the cost of the banner, which must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date.