Where to Recycle Odd Items
Items such as aluminum foil, pie pans, takeout food trays, clamshell containers, batteries, electronics and plastic bags currently cannot be recycled in curbside recycling programs. While some materials are not acceptable through the City of Loveland's curbside program, there are other recycling outlets available.
Recycling Drop-Off Locations
- Cincinnati Recycling and Reuse Hub is a great source for many items. Please refer to their website for a current list of items they take.
- Hamilton County R3source has a search option on their website that allows you to search for local drop-off locations for items that cannot be taken in curbside recycling.
Computer & TV Recycling
- The Loveland Sustainability Council typically holds an Electronics Recycling Drive in April.
- The Hamilton County Recycling and Solid Waste District has a drop-off program. Visit their Electronics Recycling page for more information.
Hazardous Household Waste
- Items like paint, batteries, appliances, and pesticides are considered "HHW."
- The Loveland Sustainability Council typically holds a collection event in June.
- Hamilton County maintains a resource list of organizations that accept HHW drop-off year-round. Visit now.
- TAKE Back Your Home is a partnership between Recycling and Solid Waste Districts, Soil and Water Conservation Districts, Storm Water Districts and Public Health Districts in Adams, Butler, Clermont, Hamilton and Warren Counties in Ohio and Boone, Campbell and Kenton Counties in Kentucky to help you rethink hazardous waste. Search the site to find disposal options near you, download fact sheets about how to close your pool, etc.
Wheels for Wishes tows, auctions, and recycles old cars free of charge, benefiting the Make-A-Wish Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. For more information please visit the Wheels for Wishes website.
- The City of Loveland provides brush pick-up two times a year for residents. The city also has an agreement with Evans Landscaping for a year-round residential yard waste drop-off program. Learn more.
- Loveland promotes and encourages composting, as it has many environmental benefits including the reduction of waste entering nearby landfills.