Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
Create a Website Account
- Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Website Sign In
How Do I...
Request Tracker Forms
Police Citizen Observer (Ride-A-Long) Request
Leave This Blank:
Please complete this form if you are requesting to ride along with an officer during his/her shift and observer the Department's service to the Loveland community.
Date of Birth
Select a State
Observers must be at least 15 years of age, and have their guardian's permission to participate, or 18 years of age or older.
I am 18 years of age or older
I am 15 years of age but less than 18 years of age
I hereby authorize and permit the City of Loveland and/or the City of Loveland Police Department (collectively the “City”) to conduct an investigation into my background, including, but not limited to my criminal and traffic records, military records, character and reputation. I understand I may be prohibited from observing for having prior, or pending, criminal actions, being involved in a lawsuit against the City of Loveland, or for other reasons not listed.
I agree to save harmless from any and all claims, actions, causes of actions, costs, damages, and obligations the City and all of its employees, members and agents arising from any and all acts resulting from this background and criminal history investigation or from the release of any information learned from the investigation(s).
When accompanying a police officer on a call:
1. Position yourself behind the officer or at their side. Do not get between the officer and anyone with whom the officer is speaking. Impeding an officer’s view could create a safety issue.
2. Do not attempt to engage in conversation with anyone. Do not offer advice, sympathy, or criticism to any person with whom the officer is speaking. Do not question the officer in the presence of others about why the incident was managed the way it was.
3. Follow all instructions of the officer at all times.
Clothing with political, vulgar, or discriminatory messages or that is soiled, or torn will not be permitted. We recommend you bring comfortable shoes, clothing, and other items appropriate for the weather. You may be outside and unable to return to the car for an unknown period of time. You have the option to stay in the vehicle and are not required to accompany the officer. We recommend you bring food and water, or money to purchase them. Officers do not get designated meal times.
The best day for me to ride with an officer is:
The best time for me to ride is:
6:00 am to 12:00 pm
12:00 pm to 6:00 pm
6:00 pm to 12:00 am
* indicates required fields.
Citizen Request Tracker
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow