This week is the last opportunity to nominate your neighbor or your own home or business for the City’s Light Up Loveland holiday decorating awards! Light Up Loveland is the City’s annual holiday decorating contest, open to all Loveland residents and businesses. Nominations are now open and will be accepted through Sunday, December 13. Winners will be announced December 23 via social media and on the City’s website.
Nominations can be submitted via the City’s website form or by posting a photo to the Light Up Loveland 2020 Facebook Group. Join the group so you can nominate, vote and learn where all the best light displays are! Following the December 13 nomination deadline, all nominees will be posted to the Light Up Loveland 2020 FB Group for public voting through December 21st. Final judging and awards will be determined by the City of Loveland Beautification Committee. Winners will be announced December 23 on the Light Up Loveland 2020 Facebook group and on the City of Loveland website.
As the name implies, Light Up Loveland is about lighting up our hometown, so while all kinds of decorations can look amazing, this contest places emphasis on the creative and extensive use of LIGHTS. All nominated displays must be visible from the street/sidewalk or adjacent parking lot.
Nominations are now open:
Submit nominations, including a photo of the display and the street address to:
City Loveland Website Submission Form
Light Up Loveland 2020 Facebook Group
Residential Award Categories:
- Homespun Holidays – What is your fondest holiday memory? This award recognizes the best of nostalgic, traditional and classic lighting and holiday décor.
- Sparkly Small Spaces – Sometimes the best décor comes in small packages, so this award is for brilliant residential décor on balconies, patios and porches.
- Build It, Buy It, Blow it Up – For residents who love to fill their yards/homes with animated figures, lighted sculptures and whacky inflatables. Don’t forget, lighting is key in every category!
- Festivus for the Rest of Us – This brand new category celebrates the many and diverse holidays, cultures and traditions celebrated in the Loveland community during December.
Business Award Categories:
- Window Wonderland – Window and interior décor that exemplifies the holiday spirit (and is visible from the street).
- All the Bells & Whistles – Geared toward businesses that use exterior spaces to make Loveland a festive wonderland.