The City of Loveland is pleased to announce details for its 2023 Independence Day Celebration.
“We want to invite everyone to visit Loveland to celebrate with us!” said Mayor Kathy Bailey.
The event will be held Tuesday, July 4, in Historic Downtown Loveland with many of the activities taking place in Nisbet Park. All activities are free to participate.
Classic fun begins in the afternoon:
- A kid zone with photo opportunities, a reptile petting zoo, live entertainment, performers, and more will occur 4-6:30 p.m. in Nisbet Park.
- Meet an FC Cincinnati player from 4-6 p.m.
- The first Yankee Doodle Dog Show will take place at 4 p.m. Dress your pet in its best red, white, and blue for a pet parade.
- Cool off with a water slide and splash zone from 4-8 p.m. in front of City Hall.
- Play a round of bingo at City Hall.
- Lawn games will be available from 4-6:30 p.m. at Fountain Greene (in front of the Fleet Feet store).
At 7 p.m., the parade will leave from Loveland Elementary School (600 Loveland Madeira Road), turn on West Loveland Avenue, and travel through the downtown district, ending at the intersection of State Route 48 and East Loveland Avenue. If you or your organization would like to be in the parade, registration is open through June 20.
Pandora Effect will perform from 8-10 p.m. at the Nisbet Park Amphitheater. This Cincinnati-based, high-energy, cover band performs songs from the 1970s to current hits.
At 8:30 p.m., a pie eating contest will be held at Nisbet Park! Interested? Please pre-register online.
The fireworks display will begin at 10 p.m. and be visible across the downtown area.
In addition, nearly 10 food trucks will be at the event. Visitors also can enjoy the city’s Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA).
Parking shuttles will be transporting eventgoers continuously from 4-11 p.m. Shuttle pick-up locations will be at Loveland High School (1 Tiger Trail) and the Loveland Early Childhood Center (6740 Loveland-Miamiville Road). Drop-off locations will be at Riverside Drive (near Veterans’ Memorial) and Third Street (near Whistle Stop Clay Works). Please note eventgoers will need to walk to the festivities from the drop-off locations.
The Independence Day Celebration is supported by numerous local businesses through sponsorships. The City of Loveland would like to thank the 2023 fireworks sponsors including BF Realty – Brittney Frietch Team, Oasis Turf & Tree, and Premier Tumbling & Dance.
For more details, maps, and more information about the 2023 Independence Day program, please visit https://lovinlifeloveland.com/events/loveland-independence-day-celebration.