Leaf & Brush Pick-Up
Two times each year, the City of Loveland Public Works Department picks up brush for residents. You do not need to call to schedule your brush pick-up since the crew drives a route throughout the entire City limits.
In the fall, the City of Loveland also offers a leaf pick-up program along with the brush pick up. You may notice that your leaves have not all fallen before the leaf pick-up date comes. This is because there are many neighborhoods to reach before the first snowfall. We do our best to go back to neighborhoods one additional pass to pick up remaining leaves within the two weeks the City crew conducts brush pick-up.
If leaf or brush piles do not comply with the below instructions and are left, or piles do not appear until after the initial scheduled collection date, residents may go to City Hall to receive a free voucher to drop-off a load of yard waste to Evans. The City of Loveland has an agreement with Evans Landscaping for a year-round residential yard waste drop-off program.
Or visit this website for other ideas such as composting or mulching:
The 2020 fall brush pickup program will begin on Monday, November 9. Brush must be placed at the curb no later than Sunday night, November 8.
The following are guidelines established for the brush pick-up program:
- Brush must be placed at the curb or edge of roadway. Do not place brush in the roadway, gutter, ditches, or on sidewalks. Do not block fire hydrants.
- Limbs cannot exceed 10 inches in diameter at the cut section.
- Limbs should be placed at the curb with the cut section facing the street and all limbs should be facing the same direction. This makes it easier and faster to handle.
- No leaves, pine needles, grass clippings, or other yard waste will be collected.
- Small twigs and sticks should be bundled with twine in bundles 12 inches in diameter. Twigs or sticks can also be placed in a container at the curb, but no other yard waste should be in the containers. Please, no loose piles of sticks and debris.
You may also view Illustrated Brush Pick-Up Instructions (PDF).
- The 2021 spring brush pickup program will begin on Monday, March 22.
- Any material not meeting these requirements cannot be collected and will be left at the curb.
- Outside the regular pick-up schedule, residents are encouraged to come to City Hall to get a free voucher to drop off any yard waste to Evans Landscaping.
- Wood chips will be available again this year. Anyone in the City who would like a full load of wood chips should call 513-707-6115.
Loveland’s 2020 Fall Leaf Collection schedule will begin on October 14 this year. Leaf collection during this period will be done by a City crew using mechanical equipment similar to a vacuum cleaner. Residents are instructed to rake leaves to a place near the street or curb. Do not place leaf piles on the sidewalk, gutters, ditches, roads, or blocking fire hydrants.
Schedule by Neighborhood
In each of the neighborhoods or streets listed below, a crew will be working the area on the dates shown and the crew will be making one pass on each street during the period of collection. The schedule calls for each neighborhood to have two collection periods. Residents are requested to have leaves at the curb prior to the beginning date of the scheduled pick-up period in the following neighborhoods:
October 12 (Monday) & November 2 (Monday)
East Main, Elm, Chestnut, Wall, Riverside, Park, Ohio, lower West Loveland, Harper, Shadycrest, Victory Circle, Wilson and Center
October 13 & 14 (Tuesday and Wednesday) & November 3 - 5 (Tuesday - Thursday)
Wakefield, Walker, Oak, Ash, Laurel, Williams, Maryknoll, Ruth, Venice, Elysian, Oriole, Lowell, Seyffer, Walnut, Paxton, Cedar, Robin, Second, Steeplechase, Huntington, Reserves, and Cedar Woods, White Pillars, Sanctuary at Miami Trails, White Pillars and Sugar Tree Subdivisions
October 15 (Thursday) & November 6 (Friday)
Lower Broadway, Third, Harrison, O’Bannon, E. Loveland Ave., Karl Brown Way, Union, Railroad, Maple, First, Fifth, Lyon, Sentry Hill, Brandywine, Hermitage Pointe, Butterworth Glen and Bares Creek Subdivisions
October 19 - 22 (Monday - Thursday) & November 10 - 11 (Tuesday - Wednesday)
Pheasant Hills, Pheasant Hills on the Lake, Claiborne I Subdivisions, and Hidden Creek
October 22 & 23 (Thursday & Friday) & November 12 & 13 (Thursday & Friday)
Fox Meadow Farm and Glen Lake Subdivisions, Lebanon Road, West Loveland Avenue from Lebanon to Loveland Madeira Road, Rich Road, Woodford Subdivision, and Kemper Road
October 26 - October 29 (Monday - Thursday) & November 16 - 18 (Monday - Wednesday)
Stoneybrook, Miamiview, Loveland Heights, Durango Drive, Claiborne II and Fox Chase Subdivisions